Thursday 6 September 2012

The Paparazzi Plague!

'Eva Longoria stumbles on sky-high heels!' screams the headlines. I have nothing against Eva Longoria except that her bit*hy, whiny character on 'Desperado Housewives' do get on my nerves whenever I happen to come across it when I am flipping channels.

Anyway, I too stumble, even with both feet FLAT on the ground. Isn't that newsworthy too? I mean, who the hell cares that she was wearing sky high heels and was struggling to walk on them? Practically that tiny stone that you throw will hit at least 10 women with *uck-me-heels. 

It is as if we are living in times of 'We-Want-To-Know-It-All-Even-The-Colour-Of-Their-Shit'. Yeah, so they dyed their hair green with streaks of purple and red and shaved a star-shape-out-of-it. So it seems that they eat their fish and arrange the fish bones in alphabetical order after they're done eating. So he screams and jumps on the couch proclaiming his love for her. So what?! 

This obsession has become so unhealthy, that it feels totally surreal to the point that people are making it into a religion and fantasy is worshipped. And if you worship fantasy, there will come a time where you will fall so hard and deep into the chasms of Tinkerbell that you might never, ever return from the 'NeverLand'.

Imagine being 50 and getting a heart attack as a result of reading Eva Logoria's sky-high stilettos breaking into half.

Truly.

Tragic.



5 comments:

  1. HAHAHA Sometimes I find myself reading those articles. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I WANT to see them knocked down a notch, even if their only tragedy in life is the breaking of their shoes. Do we wish for the perfect fantasy of their lives? Eva Longoria isn't chemically sensitive - you know she probably baths in stink. She can probably eat whatever she wants and not have to worry about ending up in the hospital from it. Are we fascinated because we covet their "perfect" public-relations controlled lives? Is it jealousy that makes me want to read about the horror of their imperfection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly do not wish for their lives. Absolutely no privacy at all! (Though the money is GOOD!) But the pressure to be PERFECT is horrendous. You win some, you lose BIG TIME! That's what I think.

      Delete
    2. I don't know if I agree they have no privacy. I can't rememember which celebrity said so (Lady Gaga?) but most of these people pay big time to get their names in the media. She (or whoever it was) said with the security they can afford, they can have privacy if they want...not to mention the estates they live on, private jets, etc. They don't want the privacy. If they aren't getting media attention, they might as well retire. I would like Longoria's health and money.

      Delete
    3. How would we know that they actually OWN health? :)

      Delete
    4. Yeah, we really don't know anything and so many of those celebrities have all kinds of mental issues. But to be in that profession you couldn't be sensitive to perfumes or colognes. It's a people profession.

      Delete